Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Kraken


The Kraken is a mythological creature that was thought of by sailors who used it to explain the probably natural,  losses of ships. According to studies found by the Unmuseum (2012) ; this huge, many armed, creature could reach as high as the top of a sailing ship's main mast. Many ships were lost throughout this region (p. n.d). This interests me because it’s amazing because such a thing can really be true. I know from personal experiences that giant squids can be real. I went snorkeling one time and I saw a very large squid with my snorkeling group. The Kraken is said to easily grip and pull sailors off ships with its tentacles into the ocean where they drowned or where they were ripped apart by these tentacles. I personally myself do not believe in the Kraken. If such an enormous creature were real I don’t understand how man has never come up with video or proof of the Kraken.

3 comments:

  1. The Kraken may or may not be real. This is because the Kraken might be a type of squid like dinosaur that lived deep in to ocean. Sailors in the past may have mistaken a giant squid for the Kraken. Until we fully explore the ocean we may never know if there is or isn’t a Kraken. I also agree that if something like this exists then where is the proof? Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its really isn't know for sure if its true but it is an amazing story sailors told. Also, it was in the movie "Clash of the Titans" at the end where the main character killed it. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is very real. I like the Pirates Of The Caribbean Kraken.

    ReplyDelete