Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Bell Witch



According to P. Fitzhugh (2011) This story is the legend of the Bell Witch an evil being that attacked a pioneer family on Tennessee’s frontier land between 1817 and 1821 (pg.1). Different from the films and other stories, the bell witch story involved real people and is proven by witnesses and notes written by those who experienced the attack. This led Dr. Nandor Fodor a researcher and psychologist, to tag the Bell Witch story as America's best Ghost Story. (pg. 1)

 This story interests me because mostly because of the witches. How they haunted these pioneers back in the 1800s just interests me and makes me wonder what happened to them in the end. I also want to know what witches were like back then, did they have abilities or did they just place curses on people. My opinion is that they could only put curses on people.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I heard this story too, it was creepy. She said she was going to come back several years later and she did as she promised. Then she said she would come back a third time to another family but nothing happened, great post!
    -Brandon Arias

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about this before and it gave me the chills. But I never really believed in this or any folk tale. But,good blog you have here.
    xoxo gabii

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw An American Haunting even though people didn't believe their adoptation to be true.

    ReplyDelete